Magic: The Gathering – Tactics
Magic: The Gathering – Tactics, is an online, 3D turn-based strategy game played within the rich Magic: The Gathering Multiverse.
Magic The Gathering Tactics | Planeswalker trailer (2011)
from the press release
Sony Online Entertainment LLC is scheduled to release Magic: The Gathering – Tactics , a free-to-play game, on the PC this January 18th. Players worldwide will experience a new dimension of Magic: The Gathering as Wizards of the Coast’s legendary trading card game and its iconic creatures, characters and spells come to life for the first time in a fully realized 3D environment. Free to download and play, registered players will be able to compete online against opponents around the world or take on the challenging opening chapter of the game’s story-driven campaign. In the game, players will be able to build more powerful spellbooks by purchasing booster packs and taking on additional campaign chapters through the game’s integrated story.
ABOUT MAGIC: THE GATHERING – TACTICS:
A free-to-play online tactical strategy game, Magic: The Gathering – Tactics invites players to take on the role of a Planeswalker, a powerful mage commanding devastating spells and incredible creatures. Players will take their skills into intense online tactical battles as they fight in richly illustrated environments with all five colors of Magic. Magic: The Gathering – Tactics brings the challenge, collectability and community of Magic to the PC with the ease and access of a free-to-play downloadable client. Gamers can freely join the fun and open the door to a whole new dimension of Magic!
* Experience a New Dimension of a Classic Favorite: Characters, creatures, spells and settings from the rich world of Magic come alive in this free-to-play online game.
* Unleash the Power: As a commanding Planeswalker, players cast devastating spells such as Fireball, Doom Blade, Pacifism and Lightning Bolt, and control incredible creatures like Serra Angel, Lord of the Pit or Reya Dawnbringer.
* Connect and Combat: Join legions of gamers for intense battles of thrilling strategy in casual and tournament formats.
Magic: The Gathering – Tactics is scheduled to release for digital download on the PC platform January 18, 2011 and is expected to be available for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system later in 2011.
ESRB Rating: Teen with content descriptors Mild Blood and Mild Fantasy Violence. For more information on Magic: The Gathering – Tactics, visit http://www.magicthegatheringtactics.com and http://www.facebook.com/MagicTheGatheringTactics.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest , EverQuest II, Champions of Norrath , Untold Legends , and PlanetSide , as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies , SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; and Tucson, AZ, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development.
[HD 1080p] Magic: The Gathering Tactics (Trailer+Gameplay)
Magic: The Gathering Tactics is free to play 3D fantasy TBS (turn-based strategy) MMO based on the popular MTG franchise. The game is developed by Sony Online Entertainment.
Magic: The Gathering — Tactics is a turn-based strategy game, in which the player must defeat the opponent’s army. The player controls a Planeswalker, and an army in the form of a deck of cards. The player starts with a starter deck, and can obtain more cards by trading them in an auction house, or by buying them in a cash shop. Gameplay differs from the card game in that instead of having land cards, which supply energy, the player automatically has a pool of energy depending on the cards in their deck. The player’s Planeswalker is able to level up, which allows them to change their looks, add space to the deck, and specialize in talents.
When player starts the game he/she will choose what color of magic to use:
– You value law, order, and light. You love to protect the social order and the rule of law. At your best, you are just and protective. At your worst, you are authoritarian and dogmatic. Your enemies are black and red. You will receive a white and green spellbook.
– You value knowledge, logic and deceit. You love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At your best, you are brilliant and progressive. At your worst, you are treacherous and cold. Your enemies are green and red. You will receive a blue and black spellbook.
– You value ambition and darkness. You love power, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your enemies are white and green. You will receive a black and red spellbook.
– You value freedom, impulse, emotion and fire. You love instant gratification and acting on your gut feeling. At your best, you are passionate and decisive. At your worst, you are shortsighted and destructive. Your enemies are white and blue. You will receive a red and black spellbook.
– You value growth, life and nature. You love hunt, mate, kill, and eat – to you, that is all there is. At your best, you are instinctual and unpretentious. At your worst, you are vicious and unthinking. Your enemies are blue and black. You will receive a green and white spellbook.
After choosing the color of magic player can make own card deck and choose what to play from four different game options:
– Conquer the Story Driven Campaigns.
– Play Single Games Against Others.
– Learn to Play the Game.
– Compete Against Others for Prizes.
A New Dimension of Magic:
– Magic: The Gathering – Tactics is the first game that brings the iconic characters, spells and settings from the world’s premier trading card game to life in a fully realized 3D world with tactics style game play. Tackle the challenging single-player scenarios or join legions of gamers worldwide for intense battles of thrilling strategy in casual and tournament formats.
Free to download and play:
– Registered gamers will be able to battle online right away against opponents around the world or take on the challenging opening chapter of the game’s story driven campaign.
Take on the role of a Planeswalker:
– Cast devastating spells such as Fireball, Doom Blade, Pacifism and Lightning Bolt, and control incredible creatures like Serra Angel, Lord of the Pit, Colossus of Sardia or Reya Dawnbringer.
Take your skills into intense online tactical battles:
– Fight in richly illustrated environments with all five colors of Magic.
Official site: http://www.magicthegatheringtactics.com
How To Build Better Magic: The Gathering Decks
Learn to improve your MTG gameplay with these videos:
The New Player’s Guide To Drafting Magic The Gathering Cards https://youtu.be/fUqPxSYPfrA
Tolarian Tutor: Building Better Limited Mana Bases in Draft and Sealed: https://youtu.be/4Lio7WqsoL4
TCC Shirts! Playmats! – http://www.tolariancommunitycollege.com/
Or you can support me directly over at Patreon -https://www.patreon.com/tolariancommunitycollege
Tolarian Community College is brought to you by Card Kingdom! You can support The Professor just by checking out their store through this link: http://www.cardkingdom.com/TCC
Our Professional Consultant is my own tutor, Emma Handy
Our Script Supervisor is Michelle Rapp
Check Tolarian Community College out on
Magic: The Gathering is the greatest game in the world, but it is also one of the most difficult and complex. Just because you know how to play, doesn’t mean you know how to play it well. Just because you know what goes in a deck doesn’t mean there isn’t more to learn. That’s why this deck will explore not how to build a Magic: The Gathering deck, but how to build a better one.
One of the best, most creative parts of Magic is building your own deck, combining cards and ideas to express yourself and your passions on the battlefield. However, coming up with the perfect combination of 60 or sometimes 100 cards can be a daunting, frustrating and intimidating task.
This video will cover how to optimize your strategy, tinker with your curve, and how to create consistency so that your deck performs as well as it can! Why run 4 copies of some cards and only 2 or even 1 copy of another card? We’ll cover all that as well as playtesting and sideboarding as needed.
Magic the Gathering.. Tactics? Part 1
Magic the Gathering Tactics by SOE
So when then game came out I was so excited I sat around for HOURS while the game failed to meet its launch date and eventually when servers worked I played like crazy. The game has flaws, like all SOE games, but it is kinda fun too. If you are a MTG fan I’d recommend at least giving it a quick once over. I know the graphics are kinda lame, again a SOE trademark, but I’ve played worse.
Thanks for watching/ Please sub, like, favorite, and tell your grandma about the videos.